- Program Information
Propel’s award-winning Afterschool Program, facilitated by Propel staff, allows students to have continuity from the school day. We utilize an ever-growing partner network to provide students with academic and enrichment opportunities during the extended day.
“The benefits of afterschool programs are clear. They support working families by ensuring that children are safe and productive when the school day ends. Quality afterschool programs make communities stronger by involving students, parents, business leaders and volunteers. Propel is proud to be an integral part of the afterschool lives of our students.”
–Rosemary Anderson, Director of Propel Afterschool Programs
At no cost to families, Propel’s Afterschool Program aims to improve students’ academic achievement, encourage healthy lifelong skills, provide resources and build an ongoing platform for students and families.
Propel Afterschool 21st CCLC * Parent Involvement Policy
Parent Involvement Policy Statement of Purpose: Propel Afterschool will work with the regular school day to provide support to families, empowering them as they guide their children through learning experiences during out-of-school time. To accomplish this objective we have created a parent engagement program with several facets.
- Individual computer training will be offered by an afterschool staff member at all 21st CCLC sites. A schedule of availability is posted on the Propel website. Having the opportunity to use the internet will help families connect with community resources and learn or use Microsoft Word skills.
- Two-hour group workshops which will include financial literacy and technology will be offered on a rotating basis at 21st CCLC afterschool sites. Academic workshops will provide parents with guidance from Propel integration, math, and literacy staff on what their children are learning during the day and how to help them succeed. All Propel families from 21st CCLC sites are invited to all workshops.
- Lastly, we will offer workshops on parenting skills such as conflict management throughout the year and Healthy Youth PA will hold family dinner nights revolving around positive attitudes; healthy relationships; future academic and career goals; and life skills.
Visitation Policy Building Visitation: The administration and faculty of Propel Afterschool wish to support home/after school cooperation. In order to make your visit to the afterschool program more profitable to you and to us, and safe for all students, we ask:
- Please schedule your visit in advance. A phone call to the site coordinator will alert all staff of your presence.
- Program visits are scheduled through the site coordinator.
- If you desire a conference with an afterschool supervisor, make an appointment through the site coordinator.
- All visitors must register in with the site coordinator and obtain a visitor’s ID.