Andrew Street High School
605 East Tenth Ave – Munhall, PA 15120
|P: 412-462-4625||F: 412-462-6980|
- Propel Afterschool
Propel’s award-winning Afterschool Program, facilitated by Propel staff, allows students to have continuity from the school day. We utilize an ever-growing partner network to provide students with academic and enrichment opportunities during the extended day.
“The benefits of afterschool programs are clear. They support working families by ensuring that children are safe and productive when the school day ends. Quality afterschool programs make communities stronger by involving students, parents, business leaders and volunteers. Propel is proud to be an integral part of the afterschool lives of our students.”
–Rosemary Anderson, Director of Propel Afterschool Programs
At no cost to families, Propel’s Afterschool Program aims to improve students’ academic achievement, encourage healthy lifelong skills, provide resources and build an ongoing platform for students and families.
Propel Afterschool 21st CCLC * Parent Involvement Policy
Parent Involvement Policy Statement of Purpose: Propel Afterschool will work with the regular school day to provide support to families, empowering them as they guide their children through learning experiences during out-of-school time. To accomplish this objective we have created a parent engagement program with several facets.
- Individual computer training will be offered by an afterschool staff member at all 21st CCLC sites. A schedule of availability is posted on the Propel website. Having the opportunity to use the internet will help families connect with community resources and learn or use Microsoft Word skills.
- Two-hour group workshops which will include financial literacy and technology will be offered on a rotating basis at 21st CCLC afterschool sites. Academic workshops will provide parents with guidance from Propel integration, math, and literacy staff on what their children are learning during the day and how to help them succeed. All Propel families from 21st CCLC sites are invited to all workshops.
- Lastly, we will offer workshops on parenting skills such as conflict management throughout the year and Healthy Youth PA will hold family dinner nights revolving around positive attitudes; healthy relationships; future academic and career goals; and life skills.
Visitation Policy Building Visitation: The administration and faculty of Propel Afterschool wish to support home/after school cooperation. In order to make your visit to the afterschool program more profitable to you and to us, and safe for all students, we ask:
- Please schedule your visit in advance. A phone call to the site coordinator will alert all staff of your presence.
- Program visits are scheduled through the site coordinator.
- If you desire a conference with an afterschool supervisor, make an appointment through the site coordinator.
- All visitors must register in with the site coordinator and obtain a visitor’s ID.
Afterschool meets Monday through Thursday from 3:30pm-6:30pm.
Propel Afterschool is canceled when schools are closed for vacation, parents conferences, half days, in-service and any day when students are not in the building.
|Being||Tuesday, September 4, 2018|
|End||Thursday, December 20, 2018|
|Begin||Monday, January 7, 2019|
|End||Thusday, May 30, 2018|
Please have procedures in place for those days when the afterschool program is canceled suddenly.
For more information, please contact:
Amil Cook, Site Coordinator (Office phone: 412-462-4605; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Rosemary Anderson, Director (Office phone: 412-325-7305, ext. 1310; Email: email@example.com)
Deanna Dugan, Assistant Director (Office phone: 412-325-7305, ext. 1590; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Propel Afterschool Attendance/Pickup PolicyEarly Dismissal: Because of these valuable learning opportunities, we are asking that students participate in afterschool for the duration of our programs. This will allow your student to receive the full benefit of our programming. The coordinator is responsible for all of the activities at the site and may not be readily available to dismiss a student without adequate notice. Please be considerate of their main responsibility-the safety of all afterschool children. Picking up students early impacts everyone’s safety and experience in afterschool. After three early dismissals that slot may be given to another student for the remainder of the year.
Being picked up late: Students are expected to be picked up at their designated afterschool dismissal time. Please see your site calendar for the time. If you are late there will be a charge per every 15 minutes. The following late fees will apply: $10 for the first 15 minutes you are late, $5 more for each 15 minutes after. After three late pickups your child may be removed from the program for the remainder of the year.
***Sometimes there are emergency circumstances which we will honor. For those emergency circumstances, please call the site coordinator as soon as possible.
Propel Afterschool Discipline Policy
Andrew Street High School students will receive a revised afterschool discipline policy. It is important that you review this policy with your child to help ensure that students are aware of and follow these guidelines. We appreciate your attention to this important information. You may contact the afterschool office if you have any questions or concerns. The contact number is 412-325-7305, ext 1310. A copy of the policy can be found here.