Through a rigorous process, Propel hires candidates who value diversity, social justice and want to work to help our scholars succeed. Hiring processes differ by position category.
All new staff members take part in the Induction Program, a three-year program focused on developing staff based on personal needs. The Induction Program begins with an Immersion Week prior to the start of the school year. Over the course of the week, new staff members are provided with professional development on culture, curriculum, instruction and procedures of the Propel Schools system.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Current or pending relevant certification
- Classroom teaching experience in an urban school setting
- Passion for social justice
- Ability to adjust instruction to meet learner needs
- Strong background in instruction
- A belief that all scholars should be held to high academic standards
- Receptive to feedback
Teacher Recruitment/Hiring Process
- Submit an application online through the Ultipro recruitment system
- Selected applicants will be invited to attend a group interview or be sent a video interview to complete
- Selected applicants will be asked to complete a 20-minute demonstration in front of scholars
- If the 20-minute demonstration is successful, you will receive constructive feedback and continue with a 40-minute demonstration in front of scholars
- A hiring decision is made
- Current openings are filled immediately pending clarences and background check completion
- If you are identified as a candidate for the upcoming school year, you may be placed into the “hiring pool” and will receive communication that you have been recommended for hire. Being placed in the hiring pool does not guarantee a position with Propel Schools. Offers will depend on whether a position that matches your certification and demonstrated areas of strength becomes available
Propel Schools is seeking professional individuals to substitute teach in our classrooms. Propel has partnered with Precision HR to staff substitute teachers. Substitutes can create their own schedule. Our daily rate for teachers is $125 and $80 for paraprofessionals. All applicants must have up-to-date clearances and a Bachelor’s degree (for teachers).
Precision HR Solutions will be responsible for employing substitutes and filling all day to day absences. Questions regarding employment with Precision HR may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-416-4338.